Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I wanted something different to drink this morning and I came up with a delicious drink that tastes great hot or cold. I used Cafix which is instant beverage crystals that contain roasted barley, rye, chicory and beet root. How healthy is that! I added some Soy Silk Creamer and a little agave syrup to taste. The secret ingredient was the good quality organic Vanilla Extract I used. It made the drink exceptional. I drank mine hot and served it with some of my Vegan shortbread cookies.
- 8 ounces boiling water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals (Cafix decaf)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 cup silk soy coffee creamer (approximate measure)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon agave nectar (approximate measure)
- Boil some filtered water and add to an 8 oz. mug. Add 1 teaspoons of the Cafix instant beverage crystals and 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Mix in some creamer and agave nectar to taste and enjoy.
- Bon Appetit!
I've found, trying it in a few different coffees, that agave nectar just doesn't seem to have sufficient sweetening power for coffee. I had to add a lot, and still couldn't really taste it- kind of a waste. But I used instant coffee, not cafix, and pure but not organic vanilla extract- so those may have been my problems. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt with four stars. Someone who follows the recipe more closely, and doesn't like a sweet drink, will very likely love this!