i put together a few shortbread recipes and came up with this one. These cookies are fantastic! I've used the recipe for a lemon tart crust also. This is the best shortbread recipes ive ever made,i wont make another one again. This makes approximately 24 cookies depending on the size you make them. mine were about 2-3 inches round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fehrenheit.
- 2with an electric beater/mixer cream together butter and sugar a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- 3add the salt,cornstarch and vanilla exctract.
- 4next add the coconut and flour.
- 5take beaters out and kneed with your hand until the dough comes together.
- 6Because of the coconut this dough is kinda hard to roll out.I suggest rolling the dough into about 24-30 individual balls and pressing down slightly on them with a cup.
- 7Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms turn a very light golden brown.
- 8If the cookie is still soft when you poke it ,this is okay it will firm up completely when cooled.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Coconut Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.7
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 247.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g