Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve this moist tender cake with Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or sliced strawberries! FromBon Appetit.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon rind, freshly grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light olive oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously coat 12-cup Bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Whisk flour, sugar, orange peel, and lemon peel in large bowl to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs in another large bowl until thick about 4 minutes.
- Gradually beat in oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until tester inserted comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 20 minutes.
- Invert onto platter; cool completely (Can be made one day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature).
Heavenly!! I was looking a quick and easy recipe today for a vanilla cake and this was just the ticket! The flavour of the orange and lemon gave it that bit more interest without overwhelming the vanilla. I used a light vegetable oil and milk instead of the buttermilk. It rose up beautifully and was a delight enjoyed by all! Thanks, Bev for sharing this, it's definitely one that I'll be making again and agian.