Recipe by Annacia
I created this today when I made Vanilla Butter for Pancakes (Diabetic) and had to pass it on. It's richly delicious and will add an elegant touch to your holiday coffee for guests and family. You really don't need to make the butter recipe for this but if you you'll have it on hand for pancakes, muffins and coffee!. Please note that vanilla beans can be used several times.
Top Review by Feelah_the_tigress
Butter is probably going to be my death! Anyway, I didn't actually make this with real coffee. I used a substitute of 2 parts roasted carob and 1 part roasted dandelion root and brewed them like real coffee. I followed the rest of the instructions as usual (used regular butter instead of making the cinnamon vanilla butter). It came out great! Very tasty and good. The butter flavor is nice and subtle and the cinnamon and vanilla is a good touch. I added a creamer to it that made it quite rich tasting. Quite lovely indeed!
- 566.99 g fresh brewed hot coffee, your favorite
- 1 smaller vanilla bean, fresh and soft
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon (if not using the butter mix)
- 4.92 ml butter (if not using the butter mix)
- Splenda sugar substitute or sugar
- cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the vanilla bean in half, place the two halves into the brewing basket along with the 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Brew the coffee as usual.
- When it's done remove the vanilla beans and cinnamon sitcks and gently rinse the grounds off of them.
- Place a vanilla bean half and a cinnamon stick in each cup.
- Add a half teaspoon of butter to each cup.
- Fill with the hot coffee and stir gently.
- Add sweetening and cream as and if you wish.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean halves to the cups, add plain brewed coffee and top with a small dollop of the premade butter mix.
- Add sweetener and cream as you like.