Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this today when I made Vanilla Butter for Pancakes (Diabetic) and had to pass it on. It's richly delicious and will add an elegant touch to your holiday coffee for guests and family. You really don't need to make the butter recipe for this but if you you'll have it on hand for pancakes, muffins and coffee!. Please note that vanilla beans can be used several times.
- 20 ounces fresh brewed hot coffee, your favorite
- 1 smaller vanilla bean, fresh and soft
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (if not using the butter mix)
- 1 teaspoon butter (if not using the butter mix)
- Splenda sugar substitute or sugar
- cream (optional)
- Cut the vanilla bean in half, place the two halves into the brewing basket along with the 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Brew the coffee as usual.
- When it's done remove the vanilla beans and cinnamon sitcks and gently rinse the grounds off of them.
- Place a vanilla bean half and a cinnamon stick in each cup.
- Add a half teaspoon of butter to each cup.
- Fill with the hot coffee and stir gently.
- Add sweetening and cream as and if you wish.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean halves to the cups, add plain brewed coffee and top with a small dollop of the premade butter mix.
- Add sweetener and cream as you like.
Butter is probably going to be my death! Anyway, I didn't actually make this with real coffee. I used a substitute of 2 parts roasted carob and 1 part roasted dandelion root and brewed them like real coffee. I followed the rest of the instructions as usual (used regular butter instead of making the cinnamon vanilla butter). It came out great! Very tasty and good. The butter flavor is nice and subtle and the cinnamon and vanilla is a good touch. I added a creamer to it that made it quite rich tasting. Quite lovely indeed!
Used the vanilla butter as suggested, and it was SO good!! Instead of using a fresh vanilla bean I used one which I had put into brown rice syrup to flavor the syrup, so I sweetened the coffe with the vanilla rice syrup. Fantastic drink, even on a stifling warm day. Thanks for posting, Annacia!
I loved this coffee. It was delish and so quick and easy to make. what a treat. Very comforting and satisfying. I loved using the vanilla bean and butter. It took this coffee somewhere special for me. I garnished this with ground vanilla beans and coarse sugar. Thanks so much for sharing another winner oh Coffee Queen...aka Brew Mistress :)