1/1 Photo of Vanilla, Cinnamon Banana Bread.
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a recipe I found on the web one day when trying to decide what to do with some over ripe bananas I had. I changed the recipe which was originally just a banana bread to include a vanilla bean and cinnamon, I also changed the sugar for organic honey and did a 50/50 mix of wholemeal and bread flour. This bread smells so delicious when cooking. It is very nice with just butter on but to be really decadent try it with Nutella.....Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour (I used spelt)
- 2 1/2 cups whole meal flour (I used organic)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla pod (optional)
- 1 egg, for glazing
- 1In a microwave safe jug or bowl place the milk, butter and honey.
- 2microwave for about 45 seconds or until butter is melted.
- 3In a large bowl, combine 4 cups of flour, yeast, salt, 2 eggs, bananas, cinnamon, vanilla, scrape vanilla pod and add seeds and milk mixture.
- 4Beat on low speed until combined.
- 5Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- 6Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes.
- 7Place in an oiled bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 8Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 9Divide dough in half; shape each into a round loaf or loaf of your choice.
- 10Place on a greased baking sheet; cut slits in tops. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 11Beat remaining egg with water; brush over the loaves.
- 12Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla, Cinnamon Banana Bread.
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 248.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g