Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this recipe in one of my all time fav magazines Taste of Home, it's described as a flavor of vanilla chips and creamy filling. A luscious dessert that's a cinch to prepare. It can sometimes be garnished with shaved chocolate to dress it up. Time does not inlude 2 hours refrigeration to set.
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (about 90 wafers)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream, 16 ounces
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate ice cream topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine wafer crumbs, butter and brown sugar.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In microwave, melt white chipe at a about 1 minute, stir. Microwave additional 10 to 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add melted chips; beat well.
- Fold into whipped topping.
- Pour over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Drizzle with chocolate topping if desired.