Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste Of Home Magazine.
Make and share this Vanilla Chip Cherry Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) package vanilla chocolate chips or 1 (10 -12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. beat in almond extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
I love theses cookies. My mother-in-law made them once and they didn't turn out, they were runny and did not set up like cookies. But I decided to try them and they turned out GREAT!
Cookies were delicious. My grandchildren loved them. They keep asking me to make them another batch just for them and them alone. I have to hide them when I make them for myself. I decided that I will be making these for Our (my granddaughters and myself) favorite teachers. I know they are going to love them. They love it when I make them homemade cookies throughout the year. Thank you for this delicious recipe. Irene.
These cookies are wonderful! I increased the almond extract to 1 teaspoon, omitted the white chocolate chips and added in chopped almonds, I left the cookie batter in the fridge for a couple of hours so the cookies would not spread too much when baked. Great cookie recipe tunes! thanks Kitten:)