Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
The vanilla in the olive oil in this recipe gives the chicken the perfect flavor when cooked ... and the rice is complimentary to say the least. Enjoy. (the recipe is only for one person ... you may multiply as needed)
- 1 chicken breast
- olive oil, enough to cover bottom of pan
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sea salt or table salt
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube
- Pour olive oil and vanilla into pan and heat over med-high heat for 1 minute.
- Rub sea salt on both sides of chicken, then place in pan, being careful not to spatter oil on yourself.
- Cook chicken until slightly browned on both sides, and cooked through to center, turning every 2-3 minutes.
- When done, remove chicken and add rice, water and vegetable bullion, still over med-high heat.
- Stir until rice is soft, make sure to smash and stir in bullion.
- Rice will not absorb all water, this is ok.
- Pour rice over chicken and enjoy!
This is an unusual, yet exceptionally pleasant dish. I've used vanilla for steak already, but never with chicken. Definitely something I'll make again! I didn't use vanilla essence but real vanilla because that's what I had.
Thanks for posting this keeper!
Made for All You Can Eat.