1/2 Photos of Vanilla Chewies (Lower Fat)
These tasty little vanilla morsels come from the German baking book "Cookies" by Christa Schmedes. They are classified as low-fat cookies there and at first I was a bit sceptical about them. But I neednt have worried, they were super! I hope youll enjoy them too for a guilt-free holiday treat. Note: Prep time includes 30 minutes chill time.
My Private Note
small c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 50 g butter
- 125 g low-fat cream cheese, 0 . 2% fat
- 80 g brown sugar, more if you prefer your cookies sweet
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- 250 g flour (I use spelt flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1Melt butter in a small sauce-pan.
- 2In a big bowl cream the cream cheese, butter and egg.
- 3In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and vanilla. Gradually add this to the cream cheese mixture.
- 4Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5Now either take small lumps of dough (aobut 1 ts) and roll between your fingers to form a long thickish string. Shape this into a pretzel or a curly loop. Or simply form into balls (size of a walnut).
- 6Place on a paper-lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 180°C/390°F or until tester comes out clean.
- 7If using the glaze, mix together icing sugar and enough water to make a paste. Spread onto cooled cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Chewies (Lower Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (589 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 31.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: