Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry, quartered
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In 2-quart glass measuring cup, combine sugar, sour cream, corn syrup, butter and salt. Microwave at high for 5 minutes.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Microwave at High 6 minutes or just until mixture reaches 236 degrees.
- (Soft ball). Let stand 15 minutes without stirring.
- Add vanilla, beat until it loses its gloss (about 6 minutes). Stir in cherries and walnuts.
- Quickly pour in buttered 8-1/2 by 4-1/2" loaf pan.
- Cut into squares.
This is the second cooked fudge recipe I've tried to make, and I've come to the conclusion that I am Fudge-Impaired. I used a new thermometer, so I don't think that is the problem. Somehow it ends up overcooked every time. I hope that someone will try this recipe successfully and give a rave review.