Prep 4 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Took a holiday recipe by Philadelphia Cream Cheese and did it my way; less ingredients and more easy. From my food blog at: http://www.comfortcookadventures.com/2013/05/vanilla-and-chocolate-in-one-cheesecake.html
- 14 oreo chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Philadelphia Milk Chocolate Indulgence Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 10 chocolate, kisses
- Preheat oven to 325F; spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper and spray the paper with the nonstick baking spray. Put 12 of the Oreo cookies into a resealable plastic bag, crush them and spread them out over the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the plain cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth; about 5 minutes on high speed. Spread mixture evenly over the cookies and bake for 35-40 minutes; cool cake on counter for a half hour, then for two hours in the refrigerator.
- While cake is cooling, set milk chocolate cream cheese containers on the counter to soften. Once cake is cooled, remove from refrigerator. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute on high. Fold in the whipped topping until well incorporated and a uniform chocolate coloring. Spread over the cake in pan; place back in refrigerator for one hour to set. When ready to serve, use a sharp knife to help release cake sides from pan before opening springform. Place unwrapped kisses evenly around cake; place remaining two Oreo cookies in center.
- Note: Prep Time here says 4 hours, but that includes the waiting time while the cake is cooling and the topping setting in the refrigerator.