Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This recipe was originally printed in the Williams-Sonoma Dessert book. I adjusted ingredients to my personal tastes. If you don't have any bagel chips, substitute with additional graham cracker crumbs. Scraping frequently is very important, and do not overmix after adding the eggs.
- 3⁄4 cup cinnamon bagel chips, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9" springform pan.
- In a small bowl, combine bagel chip crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, and melted butter. Stir until well blended and crumbs are evenly moist. Pour into springform pan and press evenly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, flour, and salt, on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy, scraping down sides frequently. Add granulated sugar, powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat until well blended, scraping down sides frequently. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, but NOT overmixing. Pour into crust.
- Bake 60-70 minutes. The filling should be set but center should slightly jiggle when pan is shaken, and edges are slightly puffed. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
- To serve, unclasp and remove the pan sides, then run a long, thin icing spatula between the pan bottom and the crust. Carefully slide the cake onto a flat serving plate. Using a thin-bladed knife, cut the cake into slices, dipping the knife into hot water and wiping it dry before each cut.
Delicious! A little time-consuming but not really difficult to make. I used only the graham crumbs in the crust, and added a little cinnamon for flavor. Several minutes after I took it out of the oven, a huge crack formed in the middle- wish I knew why. But still delicious!