Recipe by Feelah_the_tigress
Here's my version of a nice Chai tea. After some experimentation, I've come up with this recipe which is perfectly suited to my tastes. Maybe you'll like it too!
Top Review by Outta Here
Great chai. I like the amount of ginger in this. Most chais don't have enough "bite" for me. I did cut the amount of sugar to 1 tablespoon, as I don't like it too sweet. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon black tea
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon baking chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean (cut into little pieces)
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water and spices (except for the black tea) into a small pot.
- Add water and cook on medium for 6 minutes, then add black tea.
- Place lid on pot and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add in milk and stir, then turn off the stove burner.
- Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Strain spices out and enjoy!