Kozmic Blues's Note:
Thsi is a delicious non-dairy cream topping for your favorite pies. I made this for Thanksgiving 2009 to serve with my pumpking and apple pies, and it was AMAZING! Please only use RAW cashew pieces, roasted or salted cashew pieces will make this too dark and taste more like nuts rather than cream. This can but put into the freezer for 10-15 mintues before serving to increase its thickness. You can soak the cashews in the water ahead of time to soften them a bit, but it is not necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a high speed blender, blend the cashews and 1/4 cup water until combined.
- 2Gradually add the remaining 1/4 to 1/2 cup water as you begin to form a thick cream and the mixture is smooth (no tiny pieces of nuts).
- 3Slowly add the oil in a thin stream until the cream thickens.
- 4Blend in maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- 5Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The cream with thicken substatially when chilled.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Cashew Cream
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1274.2
- Calories from Fat 1062
- Total Fat 118.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pure maple syrup