Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Thsi is a delicious non-dairy cream topping for your favorite pies. I made this for Thanksgiving 2009 to serve with my pumpking and apple pies, and it was AMAZING! Please only use RAW cashew pieces, roasted or salted cashew pieces will make this too dark and taste more like nuts rather than cream. This can but put into the freezer for 10-15 mintues before serving to increase its thickness. You can soak the cashews in the water ahead of time to soften them a bit, but it is not necessary.
Top Review by mliss29
Well, this tastes really good. I didn't quite get "whipped cream" though so I think I'll bill it as maple-cashew pudding. I see that I put more water in than the previous reviewer, so maybe that's where I went wrong. Tastes yummy though. I'll definitely try it again! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.
- 236.59 ml raw cashews
- 118.29-177.44 ml water
- 59.14-118.29 ml canola oil
- 0 pure maple syrup
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a high speed blender, blend the cashews and 1/4 cup water until combined.
- Gradually add the remaining 1/4 to 1/2 cup water as you begin to form a thick cream and the mixture is smooth (no tiny pieces of nuts).
- Slowly add the oil in a thin stream until the cream thickens.
- Blend in maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The cream with thicken substatially when chilled.