1/1 Photo of Vanilla-Cashew Bars
A cashew lovers dream. I made a half recipe and baked that in a standard bread loaf pan for 18 mins. That gave me 12 nice sized bars of about 3/4 inch tall. I also want to say that I got cake bars, lol. Dreamy soft cake bars, your result might be different but I thought that you should how mine came out. It's delicious too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped salted cashews
- 1Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- 2In large bowl, beat sugar, butter and sour cream with electric mixer, until smooth.
- 3Stir in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- 4Gradually beat in flour and baking powder with electric mixer on low speed. Add cashews and mix well.
- 5Pour into buttered 13- x 9-inch cake pan.
- 6Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 7Remove from oven and set aside.
- 8Spread cake with Amaretto Icing.
- 9Cut into squares.
- 10Serve warm or cold.
- 11AMARRETTO ICING:.
- 12In bowl, combine icing sugar, cream and Amaretto, mixing with fork.
- 13Add a little more liquid if needed, until preferred consistency.
- 14Mix well until smooth and creamy.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla-Cashew Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 63.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: