Recipe by Annacia
A cashew lovers dream. I made a half recipe and baked that in a standard bread loaf pan for 18 mins. That gave me 12 nice sized bars of about 3/4 inch tall. I also want to say that I got cake bars, lol. Dreamy soft cake bars, your result might be different but I thought that you should how mine came out. It's delicious too!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these according to the recipe, but with one slight change ~ Instead of the amaretto liqueur, I used almost 3/4 teaspoon of almond extract, while apple juice made up the rest of the 3-tablespoon amount! Worked like a charm, & these nutty bars were a delight! A keeper of a recipe, definitely! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped salted cashews
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter and sour cream with electric mixer, until smooth.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour and baking powder with electric mixer on low speed. Add cashews and mix well.
- Pour into buttered 13- x 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spread cake with Amaretto Icing.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve warm or cold.
- AMARRETTO ICING:.
- In bowl, combine icing sugar, cream and Amaretto, mixing with fork.
- Add a little more liquid if needed, until preferred consistency.
- Mix well until smooth and creamy.