Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe makes enough brine for a 4- to 6-pound boneless pork loin, or six 1 3/8- to 1 1/2-inch-thick center-cut pork loin chops, or 4 pork tenderloins, 1 to 1 1/4 pounds each. Directions shows optional cooking styles for different cuts of pork. Depending on method and cut of meat the brining and cooking times vary.
- 709.77 ml boiling water
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml kosher salt
- 29.58 ml coarsely cracked black pepper
- 12.32 ml pure vanilla extract
- 7.39 ml cardamom
- 709.77 ml cold water
- 709.77 ml apple juice, chilled
- 907.18-453.59 g boneless pork loin
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, small crock or heavy-duty plastic container; stir to dissolve the salt and sugar. Add cold water and apple juice, then chill completely in the refrigerator.
- Add pork of choice(see note above in discription). Weight with a plate if necessary to keep the meat completely submerged.
- Refrigerate 3 days for pork loin, 1 to 2 days for chops and 12 hours for tenderloin. Stir the brine each day and turn the pork occasionally.
- ROAST -
- In an uncovered, shallow pan at 350°F
- Loin Roast, Bone-in or Boneless*
- 2-5 pounds for 20 per pound
- Shoulder Roast (Butt)** 3-6 pounds for 30 per pound
- Tenderloin (roast at 425-450° F) --.
- 20 - 30
- GRILL - over direct heat
- Chops, Bone-in or Boneless 3/4 inch 8-10 minutes
- Thick Chop 1 1/2 inches 12-16 minutes.
- Tenderloin 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. 15-25 minutes.
- SAUTÉING - with a small amount of olive oil over medium-high heat in an uncovered pan
- Cutlets, Bone-in or Boneless 1/4 inch 3-4 minutes.
- Chops, Bone-in or Boneless 3/4 inch 7-8 minutes.
excellent Rita! Fixed a pork loin and used my rotisserie.Great flavor. Served this with boiled red potatoes seasoned with garlic and white truffle oil, and baked butternut squash. Will be making this one when we have our chef friend over next weekend. He will like this!
This was outstanding!!! OMG! The aroma in the kitchen when it was cooking was to die for!! I could not wait for it to get out of the oven! I made two large pork tenderloins with this brine. I have never brined my tenderloin before and was afraid it would be too salty.... but, this was amazing!!! Thank you Rita for a wonderful dinner!!!!