1/4 Photos of Vanilla, Cardamom and Apple Brined Pork Loin
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe makes enough brine for a 4- to 6-pound boneless pork loin, or six 1 3/8- to 1 1/2-inch-thick center-cut pork loin chops, or 4 pork tenderloins, 1 to 1 1/4 pounds each. Directions shows optional cooking styles for different cuts of pork. Depending on method and cut of meat the brining and cooking times vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, small crock or heavy-duty plastic container; stir to dissolve the salt and sugar. Add cold water and apple juice, then chill completely in the refrigerator.
- 2Add pork of choice(see note above in discription). Weight with a plate if necessary to keep the meat completely submerged.
- 3Refrigerate 3 days for pork loin, 1 to 2 days for chops and 12 hours for tenderloin. Stir the brine each day and turn the pork occasionally.
- 4ROAST -
- 5In an uncovered, shallow pan at 350°F
- 6Loin Roast, Bone-in or Boneless*
- 72-5 pounds for 20 per pound
- 8Shoulder Roast (Butt)** 3-6 pounds for 30 per pound
- 9Tenderloin (roast at 425-450° F) --.
- 1020 - 30
- 11GRILL - over direct heat
- 12Chops, Bone-in or Boneless 3/4 inch 8-10 minutes
- 13Thick Chop 1 1/2 inches 12-16 minutes.
- 14Tenderloin 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. 15-25 minutes.
- 15SAUTÉING - with a small amount of olive oil over medium-high heat in an uncovered pan
- 16Cutlets, Bone-in or Boneless 1/4 inch 3-4 minutes.
- 17Chops, Bone-in or Boneless 3/4 inch 7-8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla, Cardamom and Apple Brined Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1302.4
- Calories from Fat 520
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 28549.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 91.2 g
- Protein 90.6 g