Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This will replace the expensive syrup you buy to make flavored coffee or espresso. I think it is as good as "Torani" or "Davinci". This recipe will nearly fill an empty 23 oz. bottle.
- Slice vanilla beans lengthwise with a sharp knife, use sharp edge of knife to scrape out the inside of the bean against the cutting board.
- Put the scrapings and the outer beans in a sauce pan.
- Put all other ingredients in the pan and heat on low stirring often for about 10 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium for a few more minutes (3-5) stirring constantly.
- Do not boil.
- Filter your hot syrup through a Melitta and coffee filter or through a strainer and cheese cloth.
- This is to remove the bean skins and any sediment.
- Cool syrup and pour into a tall glass bottle, an old wine bottle or empty coffee syrup bottles work great and are the right size.