This will replace the expensive syrup you buy to make flavored coffee or espresso. I think it is as good as "Torani" or "Davinci". This recipe will nearly fill an empty 23 oz. bottle.
My Private Note
fluid o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice vanilla beans lengthwise with a sharp knife, use sharp edge of knife to scrape out the inside of the bean against the cutting board.
- 2Put the scrapings and the outer beans in a sauce pan.
- 3Put all other ingredients in the pan and heat on low stirring often for about 10 minutes.
- 4Turn heat up to medium for a few more minutes (3-5) stirring constantly.
- 5Do not boil.
- 6Filter your hot syrup through a Melitta and coffee filter or through a strainer and cheese cloth.
- 7This is to remove the bean skins and any sediment.
- 8Cool syrup and pour into a tall glass bottle, an old wine bottle or empty coffee syrup bottles work great and are the right size.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Caramel Syrup - For Coffee or Espresso
Serving Size: 1 (979 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: