This is sweet and salty. I used a combination of microwave popcorn and homemade popcorn and the only thing I might try next time is to add some peanuts or cashews to the mix. Recipe courtesy of Janel Andrews of Jerome, Idaho and Taste of Home Holiday Celebrations Cookbook 2008. Thank you Janel! Serving size is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2Transfer to 2 very large bowls and discard any unpopped kernels.
- 3In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- 5Carefully stir in milk and butter and return to a boil.
- 6Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- 7Pour over popcorn and toss to coat.
- 8Spread in a single layer on greased 15x10x1" baking pans.
- 9Bake at 250 for 40 minutes, stirring once.
- 10Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool.
- 11Break into clusters.
- 12Store popcorn in airtight containers or plastic bags.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Caramel Corn
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 55.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g