Recipe by oshulze
This is an excelent and soft bred, covered with crunchy caramel. It's also healthy, because it uses a small amount of butter... and DELICIOUS!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and butter. Then add the egg and vanilla essence and continue beating.
- Stir in flour and baking powder, mix well and at last add the milk.
- Cook for about 40 minutes at 180°C or until it's well cooked inside.
- When the bread is ready, put the 4 tablespoons of sugar in a frying pan until it melts. Then cover the bread with this caramel and wait until it is solid. Be careful, because caramel is very, very hot!