Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made some changes to an old Brazilian cake recipe and came up with this one.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- Mix butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add eggs and mix at least 2 minutes on low.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix some more.
- Add flour and mix until a creamy mixture.
- Pour in cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
I was thrilled to see a recipe for a small cake! Followed the recipe exactly as written save for making of a 10" square cake instead of cupcakes. The look of the batter seem to promise a very smooth fine crumb cake but it did turn out fairly coarse. This did NOT alter the outcome at all. The cake is very moist and light and perfect size for small family. Made for PAC Fall 2012. Thank you for posting!