Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is just the right dessert to top off a great meal. A light, airy cake with the essence of vanilla. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dry sweetener
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- egg substitute (to equal 1 egg)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the sweetener, milk, vanilla, oil, and egg replacer and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Pour into a lightly oiled cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Check with a knife to see if done.
- When cooled, ice and serve.
Its a very good cake however it did not turn out as fluffy and airy as I had hoped and I had to add about 3 table spoons of warm water to the batter to make it..well...batter-y. It was very thick and pastey before I did. I put some extra cinammon and vanilla in and used a little bit extra sweetener (I used Splenda which worked well.) I also used a little bit extra Vanilla Soy Milk. I'm not sure if I'll make it again but it works as a good, light, sweet bread more then a cake. It really does need to be baked for the full 30 minutes. Maybe some tweeking will make it more to my tastes. But overall the flavor was pretty good although not the best I've ever tasted.