1/2 Photos of Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
A recipe from The Taste of Home Cookbook. I made it to decorate cupcakes. It was great. I made the recipe for 12 cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- 2Almond Buttercream Frosting : Substitute 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract for the vanilla.
- 3Chocolate Buttercream Frosting : Reduce confectioners' sugar to 4 cups and add 1/2 cup baking cocoa; increase milk to 6-7 tablespoons.
- 4Lemon Buttercream Frosting : Substitute 5-6 tablespoons lemon juice for the milk; add 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel.
- 5Orange Buttercream Frosting : Substitute 5-6 tablespoons orange juice for the milk; add 1 teaspoon grated orange peel.
- 6Peanut Butter Frosting : Substitute peanut butter for the butter; increase milk to 6-8 tablespoons.
- 7Peppermint Buttercream Frosting : Substitute 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract for the vanilla.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (735 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 989.9
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 285.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 181.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 177.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g