Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from The Taste of Home Cookbook. I made it to decorate cupcakes. It was great. I made the recipe for 12 cupcakes.
Top Review by Debra J.
gave me the basic information I needed then I tweaked from there. I ended up with a Vanilla Almond butter cream and it was delicious! Thank you. ps I am in now way shape or form a great cook lol so if I can do this anyone can.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 1064.65 ml confectioners' sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 73.94-88.74 ml 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Almond Buttercream Frosting : Substitute 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract for the vanilla.
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting : Reduce confectioners' sugar to 4 cups and add 1/2 cup baking cocoa; increase milk to 6-7 tablespoons.
- Lemon Buttercream Frosting : Substitute 5-6 tablespoons lemon juice for the milk; add 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel.
- Orange Buttercream Frosting : Substitute 5-6 tablespoons orange juice for the milk; add 1 teaspoon grated orange peel.
- Peanut Butter Frosting : Substitute peanut butter for the butter; increase milk to 6-8 tablespoons.
- Peppermint Buttercream Frosting : Substitute 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract for the vanilla.