Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favourite icing. You can make it in vanilla or chocolate flavours.
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 60 g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Place icing sugar and butter in a bowl and add boiling water slowly, stop when it is the consistency you want.
- Stir until it spreadable and add vanilla essence.
- Ices a 20cm cake.
- Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder for a chocolate version.
I am a sloppy baker -- I didn't measure. But it turned out terrific anyway! I was trying to double the recipe. Here's what I did: 1 stick (1/4 lb) butter, softened (That's about 115 gm) spash of vanilla mix powdered sugar till stiff add hot water till right consistency. I was able to ice 24 cupcakes with those amounts. Both kids gave the icing a thumbs up.
This icing was just lovely and perfect! My daughter made if for some cup cakes she wanted to ice, and the icing really married well with the cup cakes.
I am sure this is a good recipe but i did not have icing sugar so I used granulated sugaar and the icing was not very good and it did not have a good texture and tasted to much like butter. Anyway it is probably my fault.