Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This makes a great glaze for cupcakes, bundt cakes, cinnamon rolls, pumpkin, carrot and spice cakes.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Mix 3 tbsp butter, melted, 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, 3 tbls water and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract until smooth.
- Let stand 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Drizzle on cake.
Fantastic glaze recipe! It was creamy and thickened up nicely. I cut this recipe in half which made a 1/2 cup of glaze. It was more than enough to cover my mini cinnamon bread loaves! Half of the original recipe is enough to cover a normal sized loaf, in my opinion. I did not change anything and followed directions as they are. It's perfect! Definitely a keeper!
A very nice glaze recipe. I added 1/2 tsp. almond extract because it was for a blueberry coffee cake and I wanted a little extra flavor to the glaze.
Just what I was looking for. I added some cinnamon to compliment the cake I was icing. I'm looking forward to trying it flavored with coffee, almond, and orange extracts. Thanks for sharing the recipe.