Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice flavored butter for use on pancakes, French toast, bagels, or waffles.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Allow the butter to soften at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the meat from inside the bean.
- Combine the butter with the vanilla meat, Splenda, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Shape the butter into a small stick and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator.
Followed your recipe right on down & your flavored butter is wonderful! Used it initially on some special French toast I'd made & now look forward to having it on some pancakes over the next few days! A great keeper of a recipe, thanks to you! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for completing the Baker's Dozen Special in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
This is lovely! I used ghee instead of butter and xylitol instead of splenda and used it for Vanilla Cinnamon Buttered Coffee and on a coconut flour pancake with papaya. So good :) Thanks for posting, Mike!
Oh Mike, this is *so* good. I used it on Oatmeal Pancakes this morning for a wonderful treat. Super simple to make and it will keep a very long time in the fridge. Thanks so much for a real keeper. Made for *Partying The Diabetic Way*