I found this recipe on the website cakecentral.com. They referred to it as Yellow Butter Cake from the Mermaid Bakery, but since I have no way of knowing for sure which Mermaid Bakery this came from,(there was no Mermaid Bakery when I goggled it, but a couple different variations- like mermaids bakery, little mermaid bakery, etc), so I left it out of the title :) A great from scratch version of a basic box cake- but here you can actually pronounce the ingredients! Unlike most yellow cake box mixes! The possibilities are endless for this one!! *** Note: all ingredients should be room temp- yes, it does make a difference!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Add one Tablespoon vinegar to a one cup measuring cup and fill with milk to measure one cup (that explains the almost one cup milk!).
- 3Grease and flour pans (9X13, 3=8″, 2=9″, or 1=10″).
- 4Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- 6Mix the vanilla into the milk and set aside.
- 7Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl.
- 8Add flour to butter/sugar/eggs in two parts, alternating with the milk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 9Divide batter into prepared pans.
- 10Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- 11Let cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.6
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.0 mg
- Sodium 360.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g