- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 ounces butter, cold
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the shallots in a saucepan with the vanilla bean, wine and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and reduce mixture until 1/4 cup of liquid is left.
- Add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and bring mixture back to a boil.
- Add the butter, cut into pieces, and mix with a whisk until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.