Recipe by Cooking to Perfection
These unique brownies are a nice surprise from the usual chocolate brownie. If you love cake and brownies as much as I do, you will love this wonderful recipe.
Top Review by amberesque
This is an awesome recipe! Before my boyfriend and I started dating he invited me to a party celebrating him getting his greencard- I told him that I'd make green brownies! I found this recipe and thought it was perfect. I followed the recipe to a T: omitting nuts due to allergies of guest and adding green food coloring. The store was out of Vanilla chips so I replaced those with Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips! SO GOOD!!!!! I've made this recipe so many times since! Thank you so much!
- 10 ounces vanilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk or 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 (F).
- Line 13x9x2 inch rectangular pan with foil, or grease and flour.
- Heat vanilla chips and margarine over low heat, stirring frequently, just until melted.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread batter in pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare Vanilla Glaze:.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Spread on cooled brownies.