Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These unique brownies are a nice surprise from the usual chocolate brownie. If you love cake and brownies as much as I do, you will love this wonderful recipe.
- 10 ounces vanilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk or 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 (F).
- Line 13x9x2 inch rectangular pan with foil, or grease and flour.
- Heat vanilla chips and margarine over low heat, stirring frequently, just until melted.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread batter in pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare Vanilla Glaze:.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Spread on cooled brownies.
This is an awesome recipe! Before my boyfriend and I started dating he invited me to a party celebrating him getting his greencard- I told him that I'd make green brownies! I found this recipe and thought it was perfect. I followed the recipe to a T: omitting nuts due to allergies of guest and adding green food coloring. The store was out of Vanilla chips so I replaced those with Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips! SO GOOD!!!!! I've made this recipe so many times since! Thank you so much!
OMG! These brownies were the biggest hit with my family as soon as they came out of the oven! They were a breeze to make! I did omit the nuts, though. I replaced them with 1/2 cup of vanilla chips, which allowed me to use up what was left out of my 12 ounce bag! KUDOS! I have found my Christmas recipe for 2006!