Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
DIABETIC EXCHANGES: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit per 1 cup
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated french vanilla non-dairy coffee creamer (plus)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons refrigerated french vanilla non-dairy coffee creamer
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in the oats, sugar and salt.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the blueberries and creamer.
Loved this, the creamer gives a lovely creaminess and sweetness to it, almost tastes too sinful for brekky. Yum!
I wanted to use up some of the fresh blueberries I had and make something my 15 month old would enjoy. I decided to try this recipe since he loves oatmeal. However, I did make some modifications. I only added 2 tablespoons of sugar and instead of the french vanilla non-dairy coffee creamer, I used a little heavy cream and whole milk and added a splash of vanilla. My son loves the oatmeal! I tried it too, and it is delicious! Thank you for sharing!
Some of the most delicious oatmeal we've tried. It has such a rich creemy consistency without being too sweet for breakfast. We used frozen blueberries and it was perfect. Thank you so much for this tasty idea.