Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
A wonderful ice cream dessert with chocolate and hazelnuts adapted from the FoodNetwork!
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Place a small tray or a plate in the freezer to cool.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chilled tray from the freezer.
- Scoop out 16 bite-sized balls of ice cream (about 1 tablespoon each) and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Place the chocolate in a double-boiler over gently simmering water until melted.
- Place the toasted, chopped hazelnuts in a shallow bowl, next to the pot of chocolate.
- Remove the ice cream balls from the freezer, 4 at a time.
- Working quickly, dip the ice cream ballsiinto the melted chocolate, then dredge it in the hazelnuts.
- Return to the freezer and continue with the next four, repeat until done coating the ice cream balls.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour more. Enjoy!