Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This variation on the classic sweet short crust adds vanilla beans to the pastry.
Make and share this Vanilla Bean Sweet Tart Pastry (Short Crust) recipe from Food.com.
- 395.10 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.25 ml table salt
- 73.94 ml confectioners' sugar
- 118.29 ml cold butter (1 stick)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out
- 2 egg yolks
- 29.58 ml ice cold water
- In a food processor, combine flour, salt, sugar, butter and vanilla seeds. Pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. With the motor running, add egg yolks one at a time, then dribble in cold water until the mixture forms a ball.
- For individual tarts, divide into six pieces. Flatten into disc(s), wrap in plastic and let rest 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Roll out to fit tart mold(s), fill as desired, and bake.