Recipe by DrGaellon
This variation on the classic sweet short crust adds vanilla beans to the pastry.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch table salt
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter (1 stick)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine flour, salt, sugar, butter and vanilla seeds. Pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. With the motor running, add egg yolks one at a time, then dribble in cold water until the mixture forms a ball.
- For individual tarts, divide into six pieces. Flatten into disc(s), wrap in plastic and let rest 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Roll out to fit tart mold(s), fill as desired, and bake.