1/1 Photo of Vanilla Bean Spice Sugar Cookies
Check my Vanilla sugar recipe out or just use plain sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup vanilla sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips, divided
- sparkling white sugar
- 1Cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise.
- 2Carefully scrape out seeds, using a small sharp knife.
- 3Set seeds aside.
- 4Beat butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy.
- 5Gradually add vanilla sugar and vanilla bean seeds, beating until light and fluffy.
- 6Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- 7Combine flour,spices and salt,gradually add to butter mixture, beating until smooth.
- 8Divide dough into four.
- 9Wrap each in plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
- 10Roll each dough to 1/4" thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- 11Cut with 3" and 4" your favorite cookie cutters.
- 12Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- 13Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- 14Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
- 15Combine 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels and 1 tablespoon shortening in a 1-cup glass measure.
- 16Melt morsels according to package directions.
- 17Place cookies on a wire rack over wax paper.
- 18Pour or spread white chocolate mixture over each cookie, tilting cookie to coat completely.
- 19Sprinkle cookies with sparkling sugar.
- 20Let stand until frosting hardens.
- 21Repeat procedure with remaining white morsels, shortening, and sugar until all cookies are decorated.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Bean Spice Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (846 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 54.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: