Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Converted rice, raisins, and cinnamon are included in this flavorful dessert.
Make and share this Vanilla Bean Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups convented rice, uncooked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nonfat sour cream
- Combine milk, rice, sugar, raisins, butter, and salt in a slow cooker, and stir well.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Add seeds, and bean to milk mixture.
- Cover with lid, and cook 2 1/2-4 hours or just until rice is tender, and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Place egg in small bowl. Stir well with a whisk, and gradually add 1/2 cup hot rice mixture to egg.
- Return egg mixture to slow cooker, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Cook 1 minute while stirring.
- Remove inner vessel from slow cooker.
- Let stand 5 minutes, and mix cinnamon, and sour cream.
- Discard vanilla bean.
- Serve warm , not hot or refrigerate until fully chilled.