Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Converted rice, raisins, and cinnamon are included in this flavorful dessert.
Make and share this Vanilla Bean Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Combine milk, rice, sugar, raisins, butter, and salt in a slow cooker, and stir well.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Add seeds, and bean to milk mixture.
- Cover with lid, and cook 2 1/2-4 hours or just until rice is tender, and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Place egg in small bowl. Stir well with a whisk, and gradually add 1/2 cup hot rice mixture to egg.
- Return egg mixture to slow cooker, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Cook 1 minute while stirring.
- Remove inner vessel from slow cooker.
- Let stand 5 minutes, and mix cinnamon, and sour cream.
- Discard vanilla bean.
- Serve warm , not hot or refrigerate until fully chilled.