Prep 48 hrs
Cook 3 mins
To give as a gift prepare through step 1 and package with a recipe card.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda, stirring with a whisk; add the vanilla bean. Store in an airtight container for at least 2 days. Remove bean, and reserve for another use.
- Combine buttermilk and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture, stirring with a whisk until well combined.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with cooking spray over med heat.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. About 3 minutes.