Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lighter and more refreshing than a vanilla milk shake, this is similar to Starbuck's non-coffee Vanilla Bean frozen drink. Time includes making and cooling the vanilla syrup. You could use commercially-prepared vanilla syrup, instead.
- make the syrup: combine sugar and water in a saucepan.
- bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- off heat, stir in the vanilla paste, cool completely.
- to make drink: place ice in blender, chop.
- add milk and vanilla syrup.
- blend until smooth.
- you might need to stop and start the blender and scrape down the sides to get a smooth blend.
- pour into chilled 8 oz. glasses.
- top with whipped cream, if desired.
- add a straw and enjoy!
- remaining syrup can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
I think it is too sweet and thin, but tastes good!
Was very hot here in Oz yesterday & had some vanilla syrup so thought I'd give this a go. Was very yummy and refreshing. Thanks for posting!