Recipe by Xabbyy
Yummy homemade cream soda....
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was so tasty. The real vanilla bean seeds add a very nice touch that you won't find with the bottled vanilla extract. I'll remember this recipe for holiday time, when it's always a treat to serve homemade goodies that we don%u2019t splurge on the rest of the year. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Xabbyy. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 quart soda water, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 cup of water with the sugar in a medium saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add . Boil over medium-high heat, until the sugar dissolves. Let syrup cool before stirring in the vanilla extract. In a large pitcher or bowl, combine with soda water, stirring gently to combine.
- *Cherry-Cream Soda: Add 1 packet of cherry kool-aid and 1/2 teaspoons almond extract for a beautiful, bright red soda/.