1/3 Photos of Vanilla Bean Cheesecake With Walnut Crust
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This cheesecake is just plain SEXY. So delicate, sultry and beautiful! A true indulgence for the vanilla connoisseur. The pure white topping so innocently covers the pure decadence! I experienced love at first sight with this cheesecake and I think you will too! Since vanilla, almonds and walnuts are aphrodisiacs, I plan on adding this to my Valentine's Day menu and have posted it here for safe keeping! The recipe was adapted from All-American Sexy Foods by Peggy Cullen. A 10 for total YUM factor! Wine Suggestion: A creamy bubbly, such as Michele Chiarlo Moscato d’ Asti Nivole 2003 is a wonderful combination with this dessert. Or try a dessert Trebianno such as Late Harvest Trebianno.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (do not use imitation vanilla)
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped, preferably Madagascar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and butter a 10-inch springform pan.
- 2In a food processor or blender, pulse walnuts with 1/4 cup of the sugar until finely ground. Add butter and pulse until the mixture looks like moist sand. Press crumbs into bottom of pan. Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, mix sour cream with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract. Cover and set aside.
- 4Reduce the oven temperature to 300°.
- 5In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle or using a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese on low speed with the remaining sugar and the vanilla seeds until JUST combined. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add remaining vanilla extract and the almond extract. Slowly mix in cream until smooth. Pour batter into pan and bake for 65 minutes or until lightly golden and slightly jiggly in the center.
- 6Immediately pour the sour cream topping over the cheesecake and smooth the surface with back of spoon or spatula.
- 7Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- 8Place on wire rack and let cool to room temperature.
- 9Run a thin sharp knife around cake and remove the ring.
- 10Refrigerate for 3 hours. Remove cheesecake and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Return to refrigerator and leave overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Bean Cheesecake With Walnut Crust
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.5
- Calories from Fat 562
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 226.8 mg
- Sodium 402.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: