Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe in a KAF catalog and is described as "Creamy, vanilla-scented bars, perfect with a cup of coffee" Sure sounds good to me for a Sunday Morning breakfast or just a special treat. Prep time does not include cooling
- 295.73 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 59.16 ml confectioners' sugar
- 73.94 ml butter, melted
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 453.59 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml heavy cream (or can use sour cream)
- 3 large eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml lemon zest, fresh - (optional)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To Make Crust:.
- Stir together the crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter.
- Press into bottom and about 1/2" up sides of an 8"x8" square pan.
- Freeze for 15 minutes if using a metal pan (not necessary if using ceramic or glass), then bake for 8-10 minutes, until set, the color won't change much.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- To Make Batter:.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add cream, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice, mix until combined.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl as you mix.
- Spoon batter into cooled crust.
- Bake bars for 30-40 minutes, until filling is set but still soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with fresh berries or whipped cream.