Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this recipe in a KAF catalog and is described as "Creamy, vanilla-scented bars, perfect with a cup of coffee" Sure sounds good to me for a Sunday Morning breakfast or just a special treat. Prep time does not include cooling
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (or can use sour cream)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, fresh - (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To Make Crust:.
- Stir together the crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter.
- Press into bottom and about 1/2" up sides of an 8"x8" square pan.
- Freeze for 15 minutes if using a metal pan (not necessary if using ceramic or glass), then bake for 8-10 minutes, until set, the color won't change much.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- To Make Batter:.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add cream, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice, mix until combined.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl as you mix.
- Spoon batter into cooled crust.
- Bake bars for 30-40 minutes, until filling is set but still soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with fresh berries or whipped cream.