Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
My husband is in love with the vanilla bean cheesecake from TGI Fridays, so I was sent on a search to find a similar recipe. He says this is very good, and nearly the same as their recipe. One warning: He doesn't eat the crust, so I don't know if that is exactly the same as their recipe. This will take a lot of time to make, but is worth it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (or 3 T flour)
- 2 vanilla pod, beans removed, divided
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 ounces one-third less fat reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking squares, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9 in springform pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix the graham crackers with 1/4 C sugar.
- Add the egg yolk, 1/4 t. vanilla, and melted butter, in that order.
- Press mixture into the pan, and bake for 8 minutes (or until edges are slightly brown).
- Remove and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, cornstarch, and 1 C sugar, mixing until sugar dissolves. Add butter, 1/2 t vanilla, and beans from one vanilla pod, blend until smooth. Spread on crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, cool 1 hour.
- In a cold mixing bowl, beat 1 C cream until soft peaks form. Add 2 T powdered sugar, and continue beating. Place in another bowl in fridge. Without washing first bowl, beat the 1/3 less fat cream cheese in it, until fluffy. Add the white chocolate, and beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream from fridge; place back in fridge.
- In another cold bowl, beat 1 C whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add 1 T powdered sugar, and beans from one vanilla pod beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread mousse evenly on top (cream cheese/white chocolate mixture). Refrigerate for an hour, then spread whipped cream on top. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
This was AMAZING!! I followed the recipe exactly (my first attempt at a cheesecake) and it turned out so yummy. My only suggestion is it needs to be a bit sweeter. Any suggestions???
This was divine. I skipped doing the mousse layer and just opted for the base, cake and chocolate/cheese layer and honestly, any more deliciousness and I might have exploded. This was a nice, easy recipe to follow and lovely results. Thanks for sharing.
OMG! I LOVE TGIF's Vanilla Bean Cheesecake and this taste just like it! I followed the recipe (with the exception.... I used fat free sour cream and I didn't have the beans so I used a tsp of vanilla extract in place of) and it came out perfect! Awesome job coming up with this recipe Benny'sGirl!!!