Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
If you are a fan of vanilla (like me) you will swoon for this delectable cheesecake. I have never tried the Cheesecake Factory version, but I'm sure this is even better! Cook time includes chill time!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ground pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 vanilla beans
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, mix together the crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and ground pecans if you have them. Add the butter and mix well. Press evenly into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add the sugar a few tablespoons at a time and then the flour and vanilla extract. Add the eggs and heavy cream, beating on low speed until it is all combined. Split open your vanilla beans and scrape out the seeds and guts inside the bean. Add this to your batter. Save your split beans to garnish the top of the cheesecake.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake in the middle of the oven until set, the center should be slightly soft. It should bake for 55 to 70 minutes. Remove from the oven, loosen the outer ring and let cool in the pan.
- Refrigerate the cake, for about 6 hours, then remove the outer ring. Top with the vanilla beans and a sprig of something green like peppermint leaf.
The only problem with this cheesecake is once they've tasted it, people keep hounding me to make it again... not that I mind having it around... This is some delicious, delicious cheesecake.
I usually serve it with some sort topping--in the autumn, I make a pumpkin whipped cream (yum), but I've also made simple sauces out of blackberries, sugar, and rum (with some spices)...
This isnt the same as cheesecake factories. There is no mouse and no whip cream as part of the recipe. This is like a pizza without the cheese or sauce. You really should try the cheesecake factory or order a piece in TGIFridays and you will see how much is missing.