Found at a food blog, but I can't remember where. The original recipe didn't say how long to bake the cake for, so I always start with 30 minutes and work from there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Grease and flour two 9in cake pans.
- 3In small bowl combine milk, egg whites, vanilla, scraped insides of vanilla bean and set aside.
- 4In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix cake flour, sugar, baking powder and combine at low speed.
- 5On low, add butter pieces one at a time and then oil; mix until resembles moist crumbs.
- 6Add milk mixture and beat at medium speed for two minutes until light and fluffy.
- 7Stop mixture, scrape down sides of bowl and beat again for about 30 more seconds.
- 8Divide batter evenly between pans and place in the oven to bake until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean (start testing at approximately 30 minutes).
- 9Remove from oven and let cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- 10Turn out onto wire racks and cool completely, about an hour.
- 11Frost as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Bean Cake
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.4
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 531.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: