- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream or 4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer user the paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla bean, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes.
- If your frosting needs more stiff consistency, add remaining cup of sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoon at a time.