Irish Rose's Note:
I am submitting this to save because it just sounds so darn good! I'm also submitting this to share with you guys because it is not mine to hoard. I got this recipe from Katie on her blog Chaos in the Kitchen. If you get a chance, check out her recipes, they are great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slit vanilla bean in half and use tip of knife to scrape the vanilla bean paste from each side of vanilla bean pod.
- 2Whip cream cheese in bowl until smooth.
- 3Add butter and beat to combine.
- 4Add vanilla extract and vanilla bean pod paste.
- 5Beat in powdered sugar a little at a time until frosting is thick and as sweet as you like.
- 6Katie mentioned that she only uses unsalted butter in her frostings and that she also "pipes" her frosting on cupcakes rather than spreading with a knife or spatula.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Bean and Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 29.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: