Recipe by Irish Rose
I am submitting this to save because it just sounds so darn good! I'm also submitting this to share with you guys because it is not mine to hoard. I got this recipe from Katie on her blog Chaos in the Kitchen. If you get a chance, check out her recipes, they are great!
Top Review by wfamaya
I have been a cream cheese frosting lover and user since the 1970's and this is the lightest most flavorful frosting I have ever come across. It was easy to frost my cupcakes with a pastry bag, and the lovely vanilla bean flavor was heavenly. I will not use any of my old recipes going forward, or ever search for another!!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 -4 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slit vanilla bean in half and use tip of knife to scrape the vanilla bean paste from each side of vanilla bean pod.
- Whip cream cheese in bowl until smooth.
- Add butter and beat to combine.
- Add vanilla extract and vanilla bean pod paste.
- Beat in powdered sugar a little at a time until frosting is thick and as sweet as you like.
- Katie mentioned that she only uses unsalted butter in her frostings and that she also "pipes" her frosting on cupcakes rather than spreading with a knife or spatula.