Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simply tasty treat to wake up to in the morning. Good even without syrup, though I did try topping them with some extra vanilla yogurt. Yummm...
- 2 bananas, ripened
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml nonfat yogurt, vanilla flavored
- 8.62 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml wheat flour
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- Peel bananas and begin to mash them into a bowl.
- Add in sugar and yogurt- Mix together.
- Stir in Butter and Baking Powder until well blended.
- Beat together the milk and egg, and add to batter.
- Add the wheat flour - mix and slowly add in the white flour.
- Pour either 1/4 cup OR 1/3 cup of batter onto hot non-stick griddle or lightly buttered skillet- Low-Medium Heat. Cook until tops are bubbly and edges look dry. Turn and cook until lightly browned. (Expect to slowly cook to insure fully cooked centers - I used a lid over my skillet for a little bit in the beginning of the cooking process).
Delightful pancakes, for sure! Made 'em as given in the recipe & they were great, but then I also topped 'em with a bit of banana pudding, so . . . . ! I'll be keeping the recipe & adding it to some other pancake recipes for even more variety for us! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]